Akwil Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Akwil Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1th October 2015.
We do not store our customer's financial details.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emailsabout new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.Â
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Akwil Limited, Akwil House, 493-495 Chester Rd., Manchester, M16 9HF.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Categories of Data
Akwil processes non-sensitive data.
The data we collect directly from you is the minimum we require to facilitate the lawful processing described above. Personally Identifiable Data placed on our internal systems will be deleted as soon as practicable after termination of a commercial contract between us but taking account of any warranty or support requirements.
Your rights as a data subject
The regulations provide a number of rights to you as the Data Subject. Akwil is committed to upholding those rights and those applicable to the personal information we collect and process are listed below. In addition to these rights, you have the right to escalate any concern to the Supervisory Authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk. A full and detailed explanation of all rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
- Right of Access – you have the right to know what personal information is held, by whom and why. You can send a Subject Access Request to see what personal information and any supplementary information relating to you is held by us. We will provide you with the information we hold within one month of your request, unless the provision of that information is particularly complex. In which case, we may extend the deadline by a further two months. This information will be provided free of charge unless you require multiple copies of the same information, in these circumstances, we retain the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee.
- The Right to Rectification – If the information we have collected and processed is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it rectified. We will respond to your request for rectification within one month, unless the request is complex or multiple.
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing in some specific situations, these include:
- Where personal data is no longer necessary regarding the purpose for which it was originally collected
- When you withdraw consent
- When you oppose the processing and there is no superseding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- If the personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR)
- If the personal data must be removed in order to comply with a legal obligation
- If the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information/ society services to a child.
- Right to Restrict Processing – If you contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold, we will restrict the processing of your data until accuracy is verified. The restriction of processing can occur for other reasons too, such as if you require us to retain your data in the advent of a legal claim.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to move, duplicate or transfer your data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory body, The Information Commissioners Office www.ico.org.uk